Lands Department Core Services
The lands department manages the following:
- 76,143 acres reserve status through TLE process
- 11,913 acres on home Reserve
- 15,143 acres Fee simple lands
- 103,199 acres Lands oversees
Annual Operating budget:
What are the big project or initiatives the Lands Department is working on this year?
- Cowessess is working on getting Bison on our lands
- Leafy Spurs Project
- Working with Ducks Unlimited for six miles of fencing of TLE reserve and six miles of
- fencing on home reserve, along with 480 acres to grass.
- Lands-based learning programs
- Bringing in 1.8 Million to the Band
- Annual House hold hazardous waste program