Councillor Denise Pelletier
On-Reserve Citizen Members
Vice-Chair, Ira Aisaican
Non-Resident Citizen Members
Eagle Woman Tribunal is an independent body that provides a platform to listen, respect and support community members, citizens and families with resolution approaches that are fair, culturally relevant and transparent in order to move forward.
Eagle Woman Tribunal supports and guides the implementation of fair and respectful resolution processes, reinforces governance and Nation lands, while ensuring dignity and integrity for the benefit of all.
Annual Operating budget:
What are the big project or initiatives is Eagle Woman Tribunal working on this year?
- Recently completed Strategic Plan
Projects and/or Initiatives for Eagle Woman Tribunal are working on this year
- Recently completed their Strategic Plan up to 2025;
- Completed Terms of Reference;
- Completed Indigenous Peacemaking Training
- Active involvement in Fiscal Agreement discussions
- Plan for a Community Engagement & Grand Opening for Eagle Woman Tribunal
- Initiate and Develop an Elders Council and a Youth Council as well
- Organize and host a Community Zoom meeting for questions and answers session
- Drafting and developing Policy frameworks and guidelines for Eagle Woman Tribunal
Independence and Stability: To achieve greater legislative, governing and financial independence that allows our organization to act with autonomy.
Proactive Advocacy and Mediation Management: To develop unbiased models, framework, community tools and processes that support the dignity, culture and respect for all involved.
Community Engagement and Partnerships: To restore harmony and ensure a decolonized approach by engaging and involving citizens, leadership, youth and knowledge keepers along with extended and external partners.
Organizational Capacity and Due Process: To develop and implement effective policies, programs and processes for the management and implementation of human and organizational assets.
Cultural Practices and Ceremony: Provide a space that will foster opportunities for healing and assist in nation building by respecting and supporting all cultural traditions, beliefs and perspectives.